Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Short Trip to California (Adventure.)

Greetings true believers . . .

Those of you who follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter no I've been getting kicked all over the ring by a nasty case of Influenza! 36 years I've thumbed my nose at flu shots. This year, the flu won. So I don't have much to blog about, but I hate going too long without some new content up here.

And thankfully, the official Disney Parks Blog post a very nice little video showcasing Disney's California Adventure. As a landlocked Midwesterner getting out to Walt's park is not as easy, financially as heading down to Florida. So a few years ago when my family was already spending a week in Palm Springs, I said there was no way I was going to be that close to Anaheim, and not make my first pilgrimage. For years I'd already been hearing Californians complaining about the second park. Saying there was nothing to do there, it was boring, too small, too big, you name it. So when we got to the ticket booth for our one day at the park, I was initially torn as to whether I'd buy single admission tickets or splurge on park hoppers, knowing I was probably pushing my luck.
Again, I was here. Didn't know when I'd get there again. I wasn't going to not see California Adventure. And I'm so glad I made that choice. Even though we only got a few hours on that side in the late-afternoon, it was so well worth it. We had one of the best experiences of our vacation in California Adventure, and beyond that, I just really loved the park. So I always encourage fellow WDW fans, one year make the sacrifice and take you vacation out west.

But don't take my word for it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment