Saturday, June 23, 2012

SPOILER ALERT! (Literally . . . spoilers. See, they're race cars so . . . get it?)

Last week after much excitement and anticipation, the light finally turned green and Cars Land opened at Disney's California Adventure. 

I am already a fan of DCA, but with this all new land finally coming to fruition, I can't wait to head West again soon!

From the first announcement and releases of concept art, it was clear the star of Cars Land was going to be the E-ticket gate buster, Radiator Springs Racers.   Of course, Disney was smart enough to show us just enough to get us quivering with anticipation years in advance, but not enough to give away the whole show.

But now she's open for business, and prior to opening the gates to the public, there were special media previews . . . which in 2012 means internet bloggers with smart phones.  And as you can imagine, on-ride video hit YouTube faster than you can say "pit stop!"

My initial feeling was I didn't want to watch.  Wanted the attraction to maintain some mystery until whatever day I could finally fly out to Anaheim and experience it all firsthand.

Yeah right . . . like that was gonna happen!  The folks over at the great WDWInfo.com posted an incredible POV video of the ride in its entirety and it's beyond anything I expected! 
These new Cars character animatronics are like nothing Disney has ever done.  Visitors to the D23 Expo last year got a taste of, well, long lines, overcrowding, and not enough Pepsi to go around.  But besides that they got a preview of what was to come with the introduction of the Red the Fire Truck animatronic. 



Since Walt first dreamed up Disneyland, one of the primary goals of Disney Parks has been to put you in the movies!  With Radiator Springs Racers, they have succeeded far above any prior attempts! 

Check out the full attraction as posted by wdwinfo.com and see for yourself!

I suppose I should say "watch at your own risk" or the dreaded "Spoiler Alert!"  Something tells me that even if you watch this a half-dozen times (as I have) it will spoil very little from actually being there in your own Racer.  There is so much detail to take in and action taking place, you probably can't even see it all the first ten times you ride it yourself! 


Or don't.  Exit away from my page now.  Just wait until the next time you're in California and experience it all in person. 

Seriously.  I dare ya.  Walk away from the computer right now.  (That sound you hear is me snickering as you fight the urge to click "Play.") 

No comments:

Post a Comment