Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Disney Blog??? What an original idea . . .

It's alright if that's what you're thinking? I don't blame you. I thought the same thing when the idea first struck me.
If not that, you're probably thinking (in your best Jerry Seinfeld impression) "what is the deal with a grown man being obsessed with Mickey Mouse?"
These are valid questions. I don't have answers. Especially not for the second one. For those that suffer from the same affliction, there is no explanation. We just get it. And we can't explain it logically without making ourselves sound mentally ill. Fortunately, we don't feel any need to. If you don't get it, sorry. Not sorry if it bothers you. Just sorry for you.
Sorry you're too grown up. Too mature. Too cool. We're having fun. We've found a way to let go of all the crap that life tends to pile up on us all. We've found an escape that enables us to play pirate for a few days (or Princess, if that's your thing.) More importantly it's just a way to stay connected to our inner child and not forget that there is still magic and wonder in the world, if you open your eyes.

And we don't have to dress up like Wizards or Transformers to enjoy it!

As for why am I doing this, well, that's simple. I want to. Those who know me know I fancy myself a writer. In fact, I'm going to pull back the curtain here just a little bit. For the last few months, I've been working on a book about Disney. Specifically a book about Walt Disney World. Yes, there are currently about 3,238,017 of those as well. I do believe mine is a little different than at least 2 million of those others. That's all you're going to get, for now.

But in that writing process, there are things I think of that don't fit the particular theme of my book. Like Disney, I don't want any good idea to die. So this could be a place to put those. Not too mention I suspect writing for this blog might also help in those moments of writer's block when I'm working on the book. Kind of a kick-start to that two-cycle weed whacker brain of mine when words aren't coming.

More importantly, in working on this new book I've realized something; I love writing about Disney almost as much as going to the parks. At the risk of sounding like Oprah, I've kinda found my bliss. This isn't going to try to be a "hard news" blog. I'm not juiced in with the Disney company. I get my updates from their blog and a few other, unofficial sites like most of the general public. But I will try to have some interesting announcements, etc. What you can expect is to hear my opinion about them, as well as anything else Disney is doing that I find interesting. That doesn't always mean in a good way either.
While my first love is the Disney parks, I'll also try to cover other Disney brands such as the movies, old and new, anything interesting on ABC, ESPN, etc. And all from my own somewhat twisted, sarcastic perspective.

I hope you'll follow. I hope you find it interesting, and if I'm doing my job properly, amusing. And by all means, comment. I am all about interaction. That is the purpose of blogs and social networking and this whole interweb thing in general, isn't it?

So, that said, not much left to do now but open the window and leap. You coming? Think happy thoughts. Second star to the right, straight on til morning. Here . . . we . . . go!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading Disney blogs, that's why I started mine! I love sharing thoughts and ideas with other Disneyophiles and I'm excited to hear what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    A quick introduction from my end-Iam Chinmaya from Bangalore,India. The reason for my mail is that I understand that the "sons of the desert" are having their next convention at Hollywood and would want to know if you are attending it. You may check this for more details- http://www.laurelandhardywood.com/ .
    Incase you or anyone whom you know are,please let me know as there are somethings that i want to discuss regarding the same.My id is-chimayaprakash@gmail.com Else,you may ignore this.

    Regards and best wishes,
    Chinmaya



    ReplyDelete